If you have just started your blog; here are easy but vital tips every blogger should pay attention to…….
I wish I knew someone had given me these blogging tips and tricks when I started out. I have been blogging for the past 3 years and over time I have gathered a few blogging tips which I randomly share with people who are starting out. This morning I decided to compile the entire list and share it with you because I know there is a beginner out there wondering where to begin; how to make their work visible in a world full of bloggers and how to keep readers coming back for more. Take out your pen and paper and get ready to take note of these blogging tips and tricks which by the way fall in no particular order.
Image from Pinterest
- Choose a user-friendly blogging platform. When I started out my first few posts were on Blogger.com it didn’t make me happy so I changed to WordPress…
View original post 1,057 more words
Every Wednesday on Afrobloggers we have an evening of poetry on our Twitter timeline tagged #AbWPE.
Our session last night had no prompt and no themes, only your creativity and words….. and below is a moment of tweets from the twitterverse.
Afrobloggers Bloggers Survey
We had an interesting survey on twitter when we asked the question if blogging were an expensive hobby….
It was a baited question because we strongly believe (yes, it might be expensive depending on how you get your internet connection) blogging has more potential than just being a hobby…. Blogging is a powerful tool, redefining journalism, politics, culture, health, fitness, fashion, lifestyle, you name it, mainstream media houses will never be the same…… and like any tool there is a right way and wrong way of using it……
We have a few questions we hope you would take the time to answer below; or in a post of your own.
- How long have you been running your current blog(s) for?
- What is the purpose of your blog?
- How many blogs do you follow?
- How frequently do you post on your blog and how do you share your posts, to reach an audience?
- Do you have any writing rituals? A particular time you write, music you listen to, quirky habits to get in the zone?
- Do you have a special time set aside for blogging related activities, or whenever you whenever you get a moment and internet
- How often do you check on your blog?
- Laptop or phone?
- Do you take the time to read and discover new blogs? How much time do you spend reading other blogs?
- How much internet data do you use in a typical day or week. (is it personal, school or work internet? Wifi or mobile data)
- Bonus Question: If your blog were a movie which one would it be?
we asked some of these questions on our Creative Wednesday Sessions
here are some of the answers randomly picked
If your blog were a movie which one would it be…….
NOTE: If you participate in this survey on your blog kindly add a link to this post on your blog; so that we can find you.
Every Wednesday Evening Afrobloggers hosts a poetry evening: #AbWPE
Last night there was a photo prompt:
A moment from Afrobloggers Wednesday Poetry Evening #AbWPE
Every Wednesday evening on Twitter we have Poetry Nights…
Last Night’s Prompt was A Photo
Every Wednesday evening on Twitter we host #AbWPE Afrobloggers Wednesday Poetry Evenings
Sometimes the are prompts for the poetry; other times its just free form verse. Wednesday 5 July had a photo prompt:
See you next Wednesday
The theme was a photo prompt:
On Wednesday evenings from 1900hrs CAT Afrobloggers hosts a poetry evening session. Sometimes there is a prompt, a word or a picture some evenings the are no prompts.
You simply tweet your poem and tag it #AbWPE
meet our community of awesome bloggers
In case you missed it…. Catch up on past and present tweets on Afrobloggers Wednesday Poetry Evenings.. hosted on Creative Wednesdays